Principles of Engineering
Principles of Engineering – Mr. Roe
Expectation Sheet 2009-2010
Classroom: Expectations and Conduct
- Attendance is very important. Most of your classroom grade will be based on your participation in classroom discussions and projects. You cannot be successful in this class unless you are in a regular attendance and participate in classroom activities.
- It is your responsibility to check with the instructor the first day you are back from an excused absence, to get all assignments and notes missed; it would be advisable to get any notes from another student. All work must be made up by the next time our class meets after you return from an excused absence. If this is not done, a zero will be recorded in the grade book for all assignments missed. Prearranged late assignments are accepted, providing you make arrangements in advance and it is approved by the instructor. Unexcused absences can not be made up!
- A large portion of your grade will come from work done on projects individually and with a team. The teams will be randomly selected. You will be utilizing computer software which is currently found only in our classroom. You will need to plan to make up the class time you miss in the lab so that you don’t let your team down. You will be graded on how well you work with your team and the contributions you make to it.
- Attendance will be taken immediately after the bell rings. Forgetting items in your locker will not be tolerated.
- When I am giving a demonstration you are to pay attention to that and not working on your projects.
- Students are expected to be courteous to others, please raise your hand and treat your peers with respect.
- Treat the facilities in a proper manner. The equipment we are using is expensive and will not stand abuse. Vandalizing or damaging the facilities will result in reimbursement of property, disciplinary actions, restricted use of equipment, and zeros on projects.
The class grade will be derived from tests, quizzes, projects, daily activities, and class participation. Students should be responsible for the class assignments and get them turned in on time. Engineers often work in groups that they do not choose. You will find yourself in this same situation. It will be vital that you can work well with your group to accomplish your goals. Project due dates will be firm. You and or your group will need to spend some time in the lab outside of class to complete on time.
95 – 100 A
90 – 94 A-
88 – 89 B+
84 – 87 B
80 – 83 B-
78– 79 C+
74 – 77 C
70 – 73 C-
68 – 69 D+
64 – 67 D
60 – 63 D-
0 – 59 F